NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the unmotorized boats only section:

Took the kayak out for the first real fishing trip since I bought it. I'm not sure I love using the Humming Bird Fishing buddy as a finder. It works ok when you're barely moving. Any sort of pace and the whole thing starts to wobble. It's annoying. It's also not a great fit for the Native. I was able to jerry rig it so it would work but it wasn't ideal. The weather was fantastic and I saw fish jumping here and there. I only marked fish in one area and couldn't get anything to bite. It was a great day to be out and it was nice to test the boat out. I tried standing up a bit but I really only felt comfortable in glass calm water. Any kind of a wake and I would get jelly legs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Kevin, did you get a Native Ultimate? I have a Native Ultimate 12 and I really enjoy it. I just put a Fly rod holder on it and that works out great. We should go fishing sometime. It has been a while since we fished together - Jack

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you were on lake Jordan nc in the fort Bragg area. I just won a tournament there for Warriors on the water. If you go out again soon try hitting some points with a jig in 6-10ft of water dragging it pretty slow. That's how I got the 5 to 7 pounders. Also did alright in stinky creek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.