NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on sunday, man was it cold, in New River around the old railroad and a little south. Was throwing mirrolures, plastic shrimp and some swim baits and nothin. Another guy pulled up a little down from us and after 5 mins of bein there he caught somethin. Said is was a pike, but I dont think they are that far down here. Gar maybe? Oh well, but I need to get into somethin. Don't care as long as it has gills. Just got my boat on the water after a motor rebuild over a year and man. I need somethin.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEah, its been a while. I haven't gone back in southwest creek yet. I figured it would be shallow, but from what I hear its fairly deep. I dont't like runnin aground. I also dont like puttin in at the marina on New River. Thats the most poorly maintained launch I have ever seen. I screwed my trailer up royaly there, and those morons who work there have no clue about anything. If anybody tries to launch there, stay away from the dock with the gas pump. There is a gigantic hole that half of your trailer falls in. Thats how my fender got crushed, and on the other dock at the end its only 2 feet deep. You would figure that being a Marine base, we would have nice stuff, with courteous people. Yeah Right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.