NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cousin Dennis joined me for my last morning on the Bay, and brought a wee bit o the luck with 'im. Except for the great outing with Uncle Curtis I've mostly been watching everyone else catch fish ...... just haven't been able to get in the groove. I knew ole Dennis would help stir things up.
We hit the water a little before sun up and started picking up a few trout right off .. spent most of the morning tossing back spikes and hand sized flounder. Finally about 9 we found a few decent sized fish for the box. I landed my first drum of the week ...... shy of slot but rounded out the slam anyway. Few minutes later Mr. Rouse nailed a small rock to put a little grand in the slam.
Two 15" trout and a 16" flounder didn't fill up the cooler but it sure was good to be on the water catching a few & chewin the fat with one of my favorite cousins! (We even hashed over a possible new product for Minn Kota)
This one is photo lite ..... The instamatic feature wasn't available when Dennis bought his bag phone back in the 70's.

(Yes blankity-blank papadave gave away the spot but it ain't that much of a secret )

Dennis had to scram around lunch time but he left a little luck with him. This little dinner special came off the pier here @ River's Edge this afternoon.

Outta here in the morning but September is on the way ..... Greg is ready for us and I suspect the fish will be too!

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
I hope you have a good trip home and no trouble getting everything back to the house.

What is the next adventure? I got a few small stripers on Hickory Wed. they should be starting up the river to hang out in the cooler water. A good open water crappie fisherman might even be able to find some of them out on lake. No worries about a place to stay and I have a boat here, but it doesn't have all of the electronic advantages of yours.

Darrell

·
Registered
441 Posts
Glad to see you got your groove back papa, although I am starting to wonder if I'm causing your slumps...every time we go out together there ain't many fish caught. I guess only time will tell!

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
It was great fishin with my cuz Dave again. It is always a pleasure. I had not long told Dave I had caught a few rock in the Bay River area. I had forgotten he had told me that his son pizzamanrob caught one last year. Rock are a by catch in that area, but it can happen more than most think. The largest I've caught was 21 inches there. I caught one trout large enough to add to Dave's livewell. Everything I caught was on a popping cork with a clear/red speck DOA shrimp.
Anyone know a good way to make a moveable popping cork cork? It would be nice to quick change the length from about 18 inches to about 36 inches.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Dave, not sure if I thanked you for the ride on your boat, and a chance to fish with you. great job on the flounder catch off the pier. I asked the young man who was fishing for flounder on that same pier if he had caught any on live boat, and he told me no. He is pretty good at catching flounder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts