NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! I guess third time's the charm and going on a Friday when there are barely any other boats out there. I put in at the bridge which was great cuz it saved me a whole lot of time. I saw 3 boats and 1 yaker. I believe his name is Turtlestew in this forum and he was killing 'em, I think he said he caught 14 or 15. I only ended up with 4 - 2 dinks and the 2 pictured. For all you frog fisherman out there, it's getting close, I lost 5 fish on the frog, I even waited before setting the hook and they all came off but they were killing it though. I used a Booyah popping frog, made lots of noise. Some hit it on the second pop. Maybe it's my technique because I've never thrown topwater especially frogs from a kayak. All my fish came off a weedless rigged lizard - green pumpkin. I focused on clearer water as the north side of the lake was pure muck. South side had clearer water and I focused on any moving water that had breaks caused by the weeds. Water temp was 69 to 71 F. Mostly blind casting but there are a lot of pops and boils I threw at as well. Lost a huge one in the weeds, the bite was so subtle that all I felt was the line was heavy. Shook me off in the weeds but it gave me a good yank! Good luck to everyone else.

Water Water resources Boat Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Hunting Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish Fishing Fish Fish products Ray-finned fish Fin Fisherman

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something I learned when I had a boat in Charleston during school is that everyone comes out on the weekends so it similar at this lake. My first time out was on a Saturday and the weather was nice, except for the wind, but yeah lots of boats. Now, if you go out during the week, everyone is mostly working so little or no boat traffic at all which is what last Friday was like. Very nice. I went out again Monday and there were a few more boats but not many. Caught 4 but it was windy in the morning and I didn't catch any until the wind died down. Vertebrate Food Fish Fisherman Fish products Vertebrate Fisherman Fin Fish Seafood Vertebrate Fish Fisherman Fin Recreational fishing Water Fin Fish Fisherman Fishing
Only had one blow up on the frog and all fish came of a green pumpkin zoom lizard fished weightless. I did a lot of site fishing looking/listening for surface boils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts