NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing some promising reports I headed out with my youngest on Saturday to try and track down a few slabs. We were able to locate them on the sounder, but only got one hook up.

Tried drifting through them, trolling at a creaping pace along the edge of the channels, jigging and Beetle spins. Drop minnows down on them as well. We ended up with one slab, one bass and one unknown that bent my hook almost striaght. Many others in the area had about the same luck. No one catching much of anything.

rye

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hit the creeks up again today... the winds had the water level several feet below normal. I was hoping to find some fish in the back creeks and found mostly dried up tributaries and not a fish to be found.

I'll have to wait on the wind to settle and or shift.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rye, a couple of my Marines did pretty good for bass the other day near the small bridge at the end of the flight line. I went last Sat towards Hancock and the wind was about 15-20 with strong gust. Caught some Blue crabs at the mouth os Slocum and Neuse and that was all. Had a good time though. Opened up the old 1980 18' Ragin Cajun with original Johnson motor. Did fairly well after Jay worked on it. Ready for the spring!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
After hearing some promising reports I headed out with my youngest on Saturday to try and track down a few slabs. We were able to locate them on the sounder, but only got one hook up.

Tried drifting through them, trolling at a creaping pace along the edge of the channels, jigging and Beetle spins. Drop minnows down on them as well. We ended up with one slab, one bass and one unknown that bent my hook almost striaght. Many others in the area had about the same luck. No one catching much of anything.

rye
the unknown did you bring it in the boat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.