NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hearing a lot about that place and finally got to check it out on Tuesday the 13th. Weather was great, didn't take the boat, just wanted to look, but found many great acessable areas so just had to wet a line. Five chanel cat, 2.5 to 4lb, one flounder, one slot red for each of us. Pretty good day I'd say for just a look see. Hope to be back next weekwith the boat. Ya-all have a great day. Al

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey AL, where on the creek were you? By the sound of it you had access to the base and were near the Slocum/ Nuese junction. Not too man Reds and Flounder further down. I don't think I've ever heard of one below the Staff Kay Bridge.

You deffinetly had a great day out, with the water warming, the fish are getting busy. This cold front this weekend probably locked the up again.

rye

·
Registered
795 Posts
well depending on the gate you used to get on the base, you either drove over it or by it. If you took the gate on 70 the you drove over it to get to Pelican Point. If you came in the Main Gate off of 101 then when you were passing a Gas station with a stop light adjacent to it, it would have been on your left.
Look at an ariel map of Slocum Creek orient it so that the Nuese is at the top of the map. The only point of land that juts out from the left side of the creek is called Ordinance point. The bridge is just below that point by about 300 yards.

Rye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.