NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt and I hit HPCL today, with me trying to shake the blues after losing two good ones last weekend. Told him we were gonna make a bee line back to the coveted spot and see if any more big ones are hanging out there.
We headed north, and did hit one point on the way, and I caught a dink on a crank, Matt got one about two pounds on a t rigged black trick worm.
But I was determined to get back to that area where the two big girls made their escape last weekend, so we made our way directly there.
My first cast landed at the end of the tree, and the t rigged mag finesse hit a limb, then, raising the rod, I felt a tiny "tic, tic".
No, it wasn't a clock, lol. I hit the fish good, and this time won the battle (Matt's a good net man, lol), and soon the big girl was in the boat! Only good fish we caught, but made my day!
Feel much better bout things now! bass7-28.jpg

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Way to go jerry !!! Persistence pays off

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Thanks Spidey. I was determined to sit on that area all day if it took that to get a good one..lol
I understand I have stood four hours in a spot just knowing that a biggie was hanging out and ended up getting it.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Does HPCL still have a size limit for motors? Also, what is the fee to put in and fish? Thanks.
They have a 10hp motor limit for use of the motor, but you can launch any boat that will fit on the ramp as long as you can use a trolling motor and not crank the engine.

I think I pay $7 to launch a boat and fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts