NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a tough '15 so far. I got skunked on two different occasions at falls. I went to Bond yesterday, got one bite in 3 hrs, but I caught this nice 6.9 lber. Not a very good pic. She had both hooks deep so ittook me a bit to unhook her. Took a quick measurement (23") , pic , and weight then sent her on her way. No blood and she swam away fine. I caught her on a jerkbait near some rip rap in about 4 ft of water. Nice to get a personal best on my first fish of the year!

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
9,007 Posts
Rip rap reflects sunlight and makes the water around it a couple of degrees warmer. Great spot to fish in cold water conditions. Nice bass!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Bond has some decent fish in it. I been meaning to go out there and rent a boat the past few years but never get around to it. I caught some decent 3-4 lb fish out there livebait fishing golden shiners back in August or September.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Nice fish! Way to bring in the year :D

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
great job man glad you got the PB on the first one of the year. Now onto that 8 pounder ( 6.9 is close enough to 7 for me to say skip the 7 pounder ). I am going to try to get out this afternoon a little and more tomorrow before the cold rain on friday screws it all up again. I do need to hit bond again its a tough fishing lake from the banks but can be worth the effort.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I'm counting down the days until water temps get back to 50, but I'm at least adding some new weapons to my arsenal until it gets there. I have only caught a few fish at bond, but the ones I've caught have all been good size. I see a lot of the waterfowl coming up with shad out towards the middle of the lake so I'd guess most of the bass are suspended out there right now with the bait. I agree with the rip rap comment and add that any structure that will provide some residual heat this time of year can only help if you're fishing the banks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice to know folks still catch in Bond. Thought kids had pulled all the LMB's out (not doing CPR)

Thanks for sharing. Like others have stated, I'd love to rent a boat and get on that water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
actually it has 60 degree water,,,,,i was far enough away that the water had dropped to 53,,,,,,,,

Caught more fish saturday with Fishwhisper in 42 degree water though i did catch a decent bass yesterday.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow. Nice. That's really warm. Must be a warm water discharge or something. It was about 42-44 the last couple times I went to Falls. When the water is both cold and muddy water it gets really tough.
actually it has 60 degree water,,,,,i was far enough away that the water had dropped to 53,,,,,,,,

Caught more fish saturday with Fishwhisper in 42 degree water though i did catch a decent bass yesterday.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Wow. Nice. That's really warm. Must be a warm water discharge or something. It was about 42-44 the last couple times I went to Falls. When the water is both cold and muddy water it gets really tough.
yeah n an inch or more cold rain today n saturday will mess it up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.