NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Smith creek landing Sat and fished Campbell creek and a little of goose creek. Not as many fisherman out as I thought there would be. Fished hard till 1 with only a short striper on top water and a spike on MR17. From the sound of it out there there was more duck hunting then fishing.
I took off work this Monday and want to go again just wondering if should keep trying the area or if fish have gone farther upstream.
I have room on boat for another if anyone wants to tag along and give me any pointers. Been a slow fall trout season for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried 2 other creeks off the neuse on Monday. Slow fishing continues for me. Did get a small striper, 16" trout and my 1st pickerel at 18". Fish went back but from what I read online pickerel may be a good eating fish. I may try next time. Fish were caught on zoom flukes and MR18.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tried 2 other creeks off the neuse on Monday. Slow fishing continues for me. Did get a small striper, 16" trout and my 1st pickerel at 18". Fish went back but from what I read online pickerel may be a good eating fish. I may try next time. Fish were caught on zoom flukes and MR18.
Pickerel are tasty but bony. Did you actually see any ducks?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Saturday was an OFF day for us too!! It's just how some days are buddy. We caught a few nice BSB and 3 ok flounder, and only 2 keeper grouper!

One of the worst days fishing I have ever seen! But, it's all in the fun. Fish tacos are an added bonus!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were ducks everywhere Sat. Saw a few Monday.
I still enjoy fishing, even on the slow days. Just trying to give my buddy the fishing fever like I have. He's only caught a couple fish our last 4 trips.
On the good side at least gas is cheap so my 2 hour ride ain't to bad on the wallet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.