NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drifted the Washington waterfront on Saturday morning. Cold, but very little wind and the sun was up. The rain from the previous days had the water stained and moving. Landed a couple smalls before putting one in the cooler. Wind picked up some, and the overcast came and went. Fishing got tougher, with few people landing keepers. Managed to land 3 keepers and threw back a handful of others to fatten up for the spring :)

All were caught on 1/2 jig heads with 4-6" jerk shads in new penny.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
in stained conditions try brighter colors, white, pink, chartreuse. It might help. Sounds like afternoons have been better lately too from what I'm hearing locally. Looks like they are feeding well!!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report. Is the one a hybrid? How many others were fishing?
I've always heard that broken lines like those meant it was a hybrid, but I seem to recall seeing something lately that said that it wasn't 100% right all the time. Not entirely sure now.

there was probably half a dozen or so boats out. Cold..... :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in stained conditions try brighter colors, white, pink, chartreuse. It might help. Sounds like afternoons have been better lately too from what I'm hearing locally. Looks like they are feeding well!!

I I played around with colors and tried pearl as well as a chartreuse flake, and they wanted that new penny for some reason. The water appeared to be a little clearer in the AM but I could be misremembering that. I think the wind and clouds affected them more than the bait color.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
it was slow everywhere. I like a noisy bait too like a Rat L Trap.

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.