NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Greensboro. I am looking for information on small lakes / ponds in the Greensboro and local surrounding area that I can take my grandson fishing. I would love to find areas where a small two man plastic boat can be utilized. I want to instill good ethics in my grandson relating to the importance of taking care of other's property as well as preserving fishing as a hobby / sport. Please advise if you know of smaller bodies of water that we can enjoy fishing together. Thanks ahead of time. :)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard! I really appreciate your desire to spend time with and teach good values and ethics to your grandson. You'll find many similarly minded folk here. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with many options in the Greensboro area so I'll let another member pick up there but I wanted to officially welcome you to our North Carolina Angler Fishing community. ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Lakes Brandt, Townsend, and Higgins are decent. There is a farm pond south of Greensboro. Take 421 south to hwy 62 and turn right, about 1/5 mile on left you'll see the pond down in the bottom... pull in the next driveway, pay $2 per person to the bucket in the chair on the front porch, go through the gate, close the gate (there are cows), and drive down to the pond and enjoy. Other than that, just drive around in the country in the evenings and ask somebody if you can fish in their pond (it always helps to say you're taking your grandson!).
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.