NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Raleigh area and looking for some weekend lake recommendations where I don't have to compete so heavily with the recreational boaters. Any good small to medium size lakes folks can recommend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for being a few days late but if you don't mind the drive Jordan lake has a lot of fish like catfish, largemouth bass, white bass and other species

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I'm new to the Raleigh area and looking for some weekend lake recommendations where I don't have to compete so heavily with the recreational boaters. Any good small to medium size lakes folks can recommend?
You looking for a place to boat fish, kayak fish or bank fish????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a bassboat (Ranger RT178) but open to canoe fishing as well. The big lakes (i.e. Falls, Jordan, Kerr, etc.) seem good for weekdays but tough fighting all the recreational boaters on the weekends. Just looking for some smaller alternatives. Thanks for responding.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
check out Hyco lake, Lake Holt, not really anywhere to hide from the rec boaters unless you are in a non gas power boat and can fish restricted waters

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
If you want to drive to Chapel Hill, University Lake is a non-gas lake that has some decent fishing as well, and traffic is limited due to the lack of gas-powered boats.

Welcome to N.C. and NCAngler

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you are willing to drive to some smaller lakes, you can find some great ones. My favorites.

Mackintosh in Burlington
Reidsville Lake in Reidsville
Buckhorn in Wilson
Reece near Asheboro
Eno River in Durham

Next 5

Randleman in Randleman
Tar River Reservoir in Rocky Mount
Cammack in Burlington
Michie in Durham
Oak Hollow near High Point

Next...

Cape Fear River at Corrinth
Tillery near Albemarle
Brandt in Greensboro
Upchurches in Hope Mills
Phelps Lake near Plymouth

Not worth the gas...(my opinion)

Hyco
Mayo
Holt
Thom-a-lex
Townsend
Wiggins Mill
Wheeler

There are lots of smaller lakes that are real good but they have limits on what size motors can be used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.