NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey, livetofish, Some of the best smallmouth water in the state is right at your backdoor. The South Fork of the New river, and the North Fork near Crumpler, try both of these, along with the New River where both forks meet. Be careful if you're planning to wade the North Fork just above where the two forks meet, there is a keeper hydrolic that's took several lives!! Twin Rivers campground is located on the south fork, it's real good fishing. Tim Eachus ran the campground a few years ago He lives in Boone, give him a call at 336-384 2915 or 336-982-3456 he can point you in the right direction. Tell him Daniel Boone gave you his number. Good luck, I only wish I was there to go with you.

Black beadhead buggers, olive beadhead buggers I like the tungston beads because of the extra weight! Fish um deep and slow this time of year, in the deepest holes.
I might have to come see ya about June, or July, when they start hitting on top ;)

Reactions: livetofish

·
Registered
330 Posts
Right on Daniel. Locally I go to John's River. There are other streams that have them. One of my favorite places is Fontana Lake. Smallies are one reason I love the canoe.
Crummy, I've ran class 2 rapids while fighting smallies on a fly rod, I love em both smallmouth and canoes. I like to put in on the North Fork of the New near Boone and fish it to Mouth of Wilson VA. It's about 97 river miles of Smallmouth paradise, it takes about 7 day's, but there plenty of good camp sites along the river. I've done the trip several times guiding clients, it makes for a unforgetable trip.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a friend with a place in Todd, NC. Todd General Store? We put in around there and float down. Usually just a day trip. I got a new canoe this past fall. An Old Town Discovery 160 in mint condition. Always kept inside. It also has the wicker seats and backs along with the center seat and oar locks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.