NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard about smallies in Lincolnton as well; on here, I think. Maybe I need to do a little "research."

I'll probably try the stretch between the bridge leading into the park and the horse trailer parking. Will post results....

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have caught them in the camp ground area before. Nothing big but smallies for sure. Down in the Lincolnton area I am pretty sure I have hooked up on them but that was about 7 years ago when the water was very very low. I have hear that the trout from the park have washed down during the high water summer before last into the upper south fork. I would really like to find some areas to get on the rivers below the park but above Lincolnton.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would have expected them to be in the upper reaches of Jacob and Henry.
FW, I catch them in very very warm water. Biggest thing is 02 and they love rocks. Any river that has smallies somewhere keep exploring downstream. Find shoals. I have caught them in rivers with Spanish moss in the trees. And no, I ain't saying where.:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
go farther down river, lot of water down river, The south fork (after the jacobs and Henry come together) has a lot of trees that fall into it and cross the river almost completely or nearly so. It seems the wood offers cover for the smallies ambush points. The Henry has them also.

I have fished it in several places down in Lincolnton and caught a lot of cats, and bass many years ago. The water has improved in quality since then and the fishery is much better than years ago for small's IMHO.

I am interested in fishing it myself again someday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.