NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I went smallmouth bass fishing yesterday in a small creek.

Saw a number of bass and other fish. Biggest fish caught (and seen) was a 12" fish on a Yo-Zuri minnow lure.

Had one bass get off with the Yo-Zuri impaled in it's side but we could not recover that fish to remove the lure. :(

Anyway we caught one redear sunfish and 5 smallmouth bass.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hey gambusia
this is jerry in trinity.the two places i like best for smallies are the new and the uwharrie.the new has alot of nice fish up to five pounds,most you will catch are a pound or less.closer to home,the uwharrie also has some good smallmouth,and on average they seem bigger than those elsewhere in the state,with three to four pounders caught frequently.i've caught nice ones in both rivers on the cut tail worm,fished finesse style.this bait is made by the yamamoto or kinami bait companies.it's a real killer on smallies,i've caught forty or fifty a day on them.need to give 'em a try!

jerry condrey

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Sounds good to me - what part of the state? I've still got an itch for smallies that hasn't been scratched in many, many years.

PS - I also like small yo-zuri minnows for fishing shallow moving water. Only small largemouths & sunfish here tho...
try the uwharrie,it's not that far from raleigh.85s to 109s.go thru denton til you come to bridge over the river.park and wade north

jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.