NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses them? I have a Sea Pro thet loke to porpus at cruise speed one in a while. I have read at i-Boats that they work really well. I really hate the idea of drilling holes in my new vessel but I would rather drill holes than bounce all day. A hydrofoil is out of the question. Opinions? Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search for "smart tabs" at THT and they did not even come up. I guess the corperate owners would not like the members posting about the competition there. Bennette Trim Tabs sponsor THT. :rolleyes:

Seems like there would be some folks on THT that have used them also.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
you Say A Hydrofoil Is Out Of The Question, The New Sting Ray 3 You Dont Have To Drill Any Holes, And The Company Says It Will Stop The Porpusing On Most Boats. They Also Say 20 To 30% Savings On Fuel. I Have It On My Boat And I Can Tell A Very Big Change In The Operation Of My Boat........ Chris

·
Registered
852 Posts
Real (Bennett, Lenco, etc.) tabs may cost a bit more, but being able to adjust them on the fly is a wonderful thing. Nothing wrong with a whale tail either, probably would have at least as good an effect as fixed tabs, they will not have as much effect as real tabs though.

What model Sea Pro, if it is a CC like the 206, get real tabs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used hydrofoils in the past and they do give good results but I just can't for the life of me frill holes in this brand new motor. I looked at the Stingray XPRIII and the reviews are not very good. It appears that they have a problem staying attached to the engine. I really don't want to spend $500+ on tabs so I am considering other options or suggestions still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.