NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, I took a friend of mine out for his first fishing trip in about 10 years. Hit my (truth is I have to share it with the rest of the property owners) private lake in the southern part of Alamance County. We got out on the water about 12:30 (he had to mow his lawn first) and got off about 3:00. I'm not much of a bass fisherman, inland I tend to concentrate on crappie and bream but he grew up bass fishing so bass fishing we did. We each caught three. They were caught in one to five feet of water on green pumpkin red Havoc Craw Fatty; mine was on a 3/0 football jig and his were on a weighted 3/0 hook.
We were fishing the usual spots: shaded laydowns and overhangs. My biggest was maybe 13 inches long
mybass1.jpg

and his was a little larger

. Wally bass.jpg
You wouldn't think his was larger from looking at the pictures but Wally's a stout fellow. His hand is probably 6 inches wide. That was a fairly nice bass for that lake.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Any day where you catch fish is a pretty decent day. Glad you had a good time, thanks for the report!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Glad you got Wally out there! Maybe we can work on getting him "tooned" into some striper catchin this fall!

Reactions: SnowCamp and dbeam
1 - 5 of 5 Posts