NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday a friend of mine and I went out the Beaufort Inlet and ran 15-20 miles. In a few hours of trolling we picked up 6 mahi and lost 2 mysteryfish. We found some structure later in the day, picked up 1 more mahi and 1 king and had 3 cutoffs. 2 mahis were in the 15 lb. range..the rest in the 4-8 range. The king ran about 10 lbs.

On Saturday the weather was questionable so we stayed home and fished one of the creeks for just an hour or so. Something big took a finger mullet and snapped the line before we ever had a chance to get it close. One speck and another mysteryfish and we called it a day.

All in all, not a bad start to June!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
SecondToNone said:
Yep - just need that weather to cooperate a little better on the weekends!!
I'll second that! Forecast looks good everyday this week....hope it holds for Sat.

I did make it out today for a few hours. Took the wife to the beach on Lea Island and then went out Rich's inlet and trolled off the beach. Caught some nice Spanish and a few snapper blues.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spanish

Just before dusk Thursday there were loads of Spanish chasing bait inside the hook at Cape Lookout. Threw all kinds of things at them..but no luck. Next time I'm bringing my cast net...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Rockhopper said:
Just before dusk Thursday there were loads of Spanish chasing bait inside the hook at Cape Lookout. Threw all kinds of things at them..but no luck. Next time I'm bringing my cast net...
00 Gold or silver clarkspoon. But the cast net might just work...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.