NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've greatly enjoyed living in this beautiful state for the last 2.5 years but I'll be making the trip back to Florida soon where I'll be living on the gulf coast once again. I've met some great people here in NC and on this forum and just wanted to say thank you for all the info and help i've gotten since moving here. It's not often you run into such a great crowd of people.

I'll be moving back to the Big Bend (Crystal River) FL area and will only be a couple miles from the gulf where i can continue to chase reds snook and trout. If anyone is ever down in that area feel free to look me up and shoot me a PM on here. I'll continue to post and visit this forum but I'm sure with less frequency.

Again Thanks for all the help from the great people of NCANGLER...

Sean R.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. Florida is a great place to fish and I was lucky enough to grow up down there inshore fishing with some of the best old timers in the area. The lack of nets for the past 20 years plus the habitat restorations projects have greatly improved the fishing over the years. They are bouncing back from the big snook kill about 4-5 years ago and i hear that the snook are every where now. I'll have to get back into the swing of things and follow the tides alot closer than I have been these past few years here.

Speckhunter the cast iron has been packed up and I decided to hold onto my grandfathers stuff. Sorry we couldn't get together on that deal.

Lane, Trigger, and Brenardo ya'll will have to come down during the fall or winter and get into some real trout fishing lol... That is if the head of the house let's ya'll get away for a few days.

I'll be sure to stay in touch and post some reports as soon as I get down there. Trout are slow right now but i hear the reds and snook are chewin' plus the scallop season just kicked into gear.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I was reading about Flats boats today at work and dreaming what a Hewes or Maverick must be like. Not that I need one ever but they are such hardcore fishing machines. Florida is a fishing paradise. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
You've had some great reports and I had no idea you had only lived in Nc for 2 and a half years from the solid advice you've given about Roanoke river fishing. I'm disappointed that I never made the trip to come slay the rockfish on the Roanoke with you but I'll get in touch if I'm lucky enough to find myself down in the gulf coast of Florida some day.

Best of luck and I hope you catch tons of big reds and snook and definitely check out the pier fishing both south and north of you. Gulf coast Florida has some of the most incredible pier fishing in the world from grouper off the skyway piers in Florida to daily limits of king and smoker Spanish off Navarre and Pensacola beach.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Shucks man I've been thinking about hittin you up to fish together for quite a while........ shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didn't. My lose I'm sure.
Hope things go well for you down there!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fishncary i was fortunate enough to have family here that have been fishing the roanoke 50+ years and made friends with ricky the owner of roanoke sportsman here in williamston. they are a wealth of knowledge about striped bass on this river. I've visted here quite a few times before i moved here as well.

The many years i spent down in florida fishing i can honestly say i never once fished from a pier. I hear the one down in tampa can be epic though. i usually hit the creeks and marsh islands from a boat or kayak on the gulf side. I wade fish the sand bars at night from time to time to catch snook and tarpon when they are around.

Wish i would have had a chance to fish with all you guys but definitely look me up if your on the gulf coast. I'll be about an hour north of tampa right on the coast.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
40+ years ago I fished the pier at Indian Rocks Beach not all that far from Tampa and it was amazing. I caught some decent fish (I think that is where I got a stringer of big spadefish one day) and saw some really big fish caught. It was a flurry of activity all day long. I thought fishing would always be like that...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.