NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my boat kept his boat in the water, because of this he had the bottom painted. I keep my boat on the trailer so in my opinion the black bottom paint is becoming a major eye sore.

I am being told that the easiest way to remove the paint is via soda blasting. Ok, good deal but the estimates I am receiving are all over the map.

Can anyone suggest a great place to have this done ? So far I have received three estimates, the difference is roughly $600.00 each claiming to do the same thing which is blasting the hull to their best of their ability while on the trailer (removing approx 90% of paint)

Suggestions?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jarret Bays system is called farrow blasting. I don't know if it will affect the gel coat or not.
Supposedly the soda blasting does not affect the gelcoat? I only want to do this because I consider it to be an eye sore. Plus, the pinhead that painted the bottom of the hull also painted a small section of the sides and each side differs in coverage. To be honest, if I could remove the paint on the sides I would probably be ok with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.