NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full image album:
I am looking to get a larger boat to take my family out, so passing on my pride and joy first boat. The hull of this boat is an old Polarkraft 1448 riveted aluminum jon boat. The boat is 14 feet long, with a 48 inch beam at the bottom (upper sides of the hull at the top are 68 inches across). No leaks! The new motor is a 2019 Mercury EFI four stroke 15 horsepower tiller steer pull start. Motor runs perfectly as it should for how new it is. With just me on an average day I can get up to 21 mph on this boat! The boat comes with everything you see here (except the fishing rods/tackle/etc) wired up, working, and ready to hit the water the same day if you wish!

The boat is an ideal 1 or 2 person bass fishing boat. With a livewell it would make a good small tournament boat.

I hand built the flooring and decking out of various sizes of angle aluminum (riveted) and half inch plywood painted with moisture resistant outdoor paint. The carpet is all new marine grade carpet fixed with marine carpet adhesive. The casting deck is completely solid, and I installed a recessed foot pedal well for the trolling motor for comfort at the bow. I can provide additional photos of the build process.

The boat is extremely lightweight. I can move it around a paved surface on the trailer by hand easily. Tows easily as well.

I have titles in hand for the trailer and the boat, as well as my paperwork on the purchase of the motor.

Asking $4800 for everything you see (except rods/reels/tackle/etc). Willing to demo on water for anyone willing to come to Wake County. Feel free to text me at 919-737-5934

Storage
  • 1 small bow storage compartment on the starboard side
  • 1 large bow storage compartment on the port side
  • 1 large compartment with two deep cycle marine batteries, fuse box, and on-board 3 bank charger
  • 2 bow elastic rod tie downs
  • Rear storage space behind bench

Electronics
  • Main switch panel at tiller helm with switches for main power, bilge pump, navigation lights, and forward flood lights
  • Two 12v deep cycle batteries
  • Minn Kota 3-bank onboard charger
  • Minn Kota Maxxum 24v 70lb thrust trolling motor at the bow
  • Front LED flood lights
  • Bow LED nav lights
  • Detachable stern navigation light
  • Wired bilge pump
  • 12v and USB charge ports
  • Garmin Striker Plus 7 Side view at helm with cover
  • Garmin Striker Plus 7 down view at bow (devices linked for waypoint and route sharing) with cover

Other
  • Removable swivel seats
  • Cup holders
  • Multiple tie down cleats
  • Includes boat tie down cover and motor cowl cover

Trailer
  • Custom professionally welded frame with near-new axle, springs, wheels and tires (highway speed rated)
  • Bunks are treated 4x4 posts in good condition
  • Winch and hardware in good shape
  • 4 pin wiring harness - no issues on bulbs or wiring
  • Quick release ratcheting tie downs

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
That seems like a good deal for the apparent condition, upgrades, newer engine, and water-ready nature of a boat like that. In addition to being a capable boat for lakes and rivers, it's also small enough that you could easily remove the gas motor and put an electric one on the back and have a great platform for some of the electric-only waters around the piedmont. I no longer live close enough to be realistic to come get it, but I sure would if I did - could gig some flounder out of that thing, too.. Sweet little fishing machine, good luck with the sale, although I doubt you'll need much luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good deal for the apparent condition and water-ready nature of a boat like that. It's small enough that you could easily remove the gas motor and put an electric one on the back and have a great platform for some of the electric-only waters around the piedmont. I don't live close enough to be interested, but I sure would if I did - could gig some flounder out of that thing, too.. Sweet little fishing machine, good luck with the sale, although I doubt you'll need much luck.
Thanks! I have really enjoyed it. I hope to find someone who will continue with it for years.

Honesty the Minn Kota is 70 lb thrust and on max speed you can move 5 mphin the boat on just the trolling motor.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
I can see why. It looks like you've put some care and thought into packing a lot of functionality into a compact boat. I know some river rats down here that would love to score a boat like that . You could probably get $6500 for that boat down here in Florida with the market the way it is right now, with everything with which you have it equipped. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts