NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the last 70 degree day for the week, so right after work I headed for the river to float one of my favorite short runs on the French. I knew the fish would be active with the water temps approaching 60F. I managed one nice smallie and one rock bass that looked like it had an old musky bite wound. I did miss 4 other nice fish that threw the bait or I couldn't get stuck on the hook set. The coolest being on a new crawfish Rumba wake bait I was testing out right at the boat, the fish took two good swipes at it, but missed the hooks. That's fishing for ya... At least I know where they are for the next round...

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlueFoxKiller, Thanks for the feedback, I always try really hard to treat all fish I catch very well and make quick/clean releases. I'm guessing you mean when I was lipping that fish and holding it at an angle instead of vertically. I could see that might not be best for the fish and will not do that again for the sake of a photo. (normally lipping a bass should not injury it?) It always bothers me to see trout fishermen giving a monster brown the double handed death squeeze (on the gut) for a pic's sake. Again thanks for the tip, I want to see those smallies healthy and fat for sure...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great posts! I'm heading to Asheville in a month and hoping to do some floats and wading for smallies just upstream of town. You're getting my hopes up!
Thats the spot I've been fishing lately and doing really well on the smallmouth!! PM me when it gets closer to your trip and i'll give ya the full report for that area...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.