NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Broad River was moving pretty good at 800cfs, ( week before was 500), and pretty stained last weekend, but it still had fish biting, alot of dinks, the bigger of them caught was 13-1/2", and 11-1/2" , and alot of bream. The water was somewhat faster than the weekend before, ..............there was alot turtles coming downstream against there own will LOL. All in all it was worth the trip, all fish went back in for another day. If your thinking of still not wearing waders, like we did, it was chilly in the drink, but tolerable!!! It warmed up good by noon and was a good time yak'ing.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I grew up on this river, fished it all my life, love small mouth fishing, The river is in my back yard. Had back trouble the last few years and not able to put my canoe in, I sure miss the smallies. Keep posting your reports, I like reading about them. Hopefully I will be able to get after them soon, my son is getting big enough now to help with the canoe, we've been talking about get back to fish on the river again. My son, now 12 years old, was catching as many as me when he was 6 and 7 years old, he loves it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one nice back yard LOL :D!! Man, I hope you do get your back right and enjoy some of that fishing, it's a beautiful place! I got a son a few years younger than yours, and he's into it since about 6 years old too, he's pretty good. Now I got my girls fishing too haha!!( they're hooked already ) I think the fishing there this year is better than last it seems. Hope to see ya out there!
Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's one nice back yard LOL :D!! Man, I hope you do get your back right and enjoy some of that fishing, it's a beautiful place! I got a son a few years younger than yours, and he's into it since about 6 years old too, he's pretty good. Now I got my girls fishing too haha!!( they're hooked already ) I think the fishing there this year is better than last it seems. Hope to see ya out there!
Mike
Thanks, I sent you a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.