NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
darn, my 'puter wont configure the file..

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
trying something here - direct link to the video. Should cause a download (20M) then launch windows media player:
http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/526/Spirit_of_NCAngler.wmv

hmm - doubly wierd. The link seems to work from Firefox and is clearly to a wmv file, but from IE it goes to the photo gallery which chokes media viewer. Quite a mystery we've unleashed here in the dark of the morning.

PS: cool slideshow if you can get it to play!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lot's of pix aint there!!
I went thru everyone's galleries and pulled at least one pic to put in there... I might have to split them up into 4 different ones and lengthen the times so it isnt so quick.. but thought it was fun to try to get 50 lbs into a 5 lb sack! ha ha haha....

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Quote on XP "The source filter for this file could not be loaded."

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
80040241: Cannot perform the requested action

Windows Media Player cannot perform the requested action. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
  • You tried to play a .dvr-ms file (such as a file created by the Personal Video Recorder (PVR) in Windows XP Media Center Edition), and your computer is not configured to play this type of file. To resolve the problem, see the Microsoft Download Center.
  • You tried to play a file type that is not supported by Windows Media Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
Error ID = 0x80040241, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Web Help

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Tried the only related fix they had at MS and it didnt help

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Here's a workaround that seems to work, at least 'til we can get the boss to look at what's wrong with linking to the videos directly:

Spirit of NCangler video

it should open windows media viewer if you click it, or you can right click and save target/link as... to store it locally. Works from either IE or Firefox. Its big, so give it a few seconds (or more) to load.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wish I could try to view it but at 20M, it would take me about 3 days to download since I'm still on dial up.:( That's one of the few drawbacks to living out in the sticks lol

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wish I could try to view it but at 20M, it would take me about 3 days to download since I'm still on dial up.:( That's one of the few drawbacks to living out in the sticks lol
If you can get cell phone service in your woods you can buy a wireless card from your provider and solve that issue. Not too expensive once you get set up..

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Jeff that link did it! Dave great video!!, amazing what you can do now with all of the media goodies...

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for all the hard work on this. I have decided to disable uploading movies to the site. I have been unable to get the code working correctly for displaying them (as you can tell from earlier posts in this thread). Movies also bring up copyright issues that I've got to work thru like the use of copyrighted music, etc. Until I have time to work thru all those issues I would suggest members post movies to You Tube or another video service. I will try to come up with a module for playing You Tube movies within the forums as a temporary work around. My only concern with You Tube, etc. is some of the other junk that gets posted up there. So for our viewers with small children, be sure to check out the links to You Tube in advance to make sure that your kids aren't going to be exposed to something else. I'm a stickler for guarding young minds as you know. :)

A teaser for something coming....NCangler.TV. :cool: But you'll have to stay tuned for that one. ;)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Randy,
How do you feel about us using NCAngler banners in our general fishing videos on places like YouTube?

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Good question Sundrop. I'll have to think about all this and get back to you guys. You know I like an open and informal community but at the same time there is the reality of the litigious society we live in. We'll work all this out. Just need some time. :D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, hopefully folks will have a chance to view it before it get's nixed.
Lot's of fun puttin it together and really show cases how diverse not only are the fishers, but the spectrum of fishin we all do here. I made sure to include "everyone"! ;)

Any way to take it out of the Capt's Club thing and let everyone have a shot at viewing it??

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I appreciate all the work you did on it Dave. We'll leave it in this thread for at least a couple weeks. Apparently folks can view the link off the server here but cannot view it from within the Photos Gallery. I'll move this thread into a general category so everyone can access it.
Randy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.