NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have done a little night yakking one thought really intrigues me. I would dearly love to try fishing places such as the sound side of Barden's inlet or Drum Inlet with night vision goggles on nights when there is a lot of fire in the water. I bet you could really have a ball.;)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I alway's carry 2 flashlights. You can generally hear boats from a lot further away on nights that you would be yak fishin, plenty of time to get their attention. IF they don't see a light shining on a white paddle blade and then your yak, you just have to get rude and shine it directly at them. If they can"t see a 5 cell maglight I certainly don't want to be out there with them on a bright day with a lot of glare.:eek: I wouldn't put too much faith in a air horn, but that's also an alternative if they seem determined to run you over. The less lights there are in the area you are fishing the more likely yours is to be noticed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.