NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I've heard too much about this site and decided to join up! My name is Ralph Stephens, son of Steve Stephens. I enjoy fishing with pops and working on the boat with pops. I'm a HUGE North Carolina Tarheels fan. I'm an avid Striper fisherman looking to expand our abilities to the Saltwater species (King Mack, Spanish Mack, Red Fish, Dolphin).

I hope to learn a lot from this site and I hope to see ya'll out on the water!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Hey everyone! I've heard too much about this site and decided to join up! My name is Ralph Stephens, son of Steve Stephens. I enjoy fishing with pops and working on the boat with pops. I'm a HUGE North Carolina Tarheels fan. I'm an avid Striper fisherman looking to expand our abilities to the Saltwater species (King Mack, Spanish Mack, Red Fish, Dolphin).

I hope to learn a lot from this site and I hope to see ya'll out on the water!
Where do you do a lot of your striper fishing at?

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Trollnheel. Welcome aboard. I think it is cool that we have at least two generations of Stephens on NCangler.com! ;) I look forward to fishing with your dad and maybe meeting you as well. State, Carolina, Duke, Wake and any other fans that love to fish are welcome here. :cool: (Go Pack!) ;)

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Are there any big ones in Jordan now? I know there had always been some there, but I had read an article a few years ago about a stocking program. Just curious. I have caught some real nice size Hybrids in the past in Jordan. I don't make it up that way much anymore.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome Tar Foot fan,
I have just recently joined NCA. I have already read a great deal of useful information and had the chance to turn out a few of my own experiences. This is a great site with loads of knowledge on fishing all over the state. Fly water, fresh, salt, pond, lake and river. I guess that kinda covers it all and all species. Best site I've been to in a long time. Good Luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had awsome luck fishing for stripers down below Jordan dam after a good rain. I like to throw rattle traps and some large white bass assassins. Tons of shad get backed up towards the dam after a good rain, it seems the stripers keep them backed up close to the dam just off the shore line and behind eddies. However, I've never had any luck at jordan lake going for stripers...go figure

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.