NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos from some of my other boats from the past to give you some ideas for rigging as well. Hope all of this helps. Any questions please let me know.

This is my first SOT a Perception Illusion. They dont make this anymore and it was a great boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really liked my Malibu's. They were extremely comfortable, very stable, great storage and a tremendous fishing platform. Now I am a fisherman, not a paddler. Now that I paddle Wilderness Systems kayaks, there is a tremendous difference in paddling. The Malibu boats were rather large and heavy. Once you got going, they paddled nice but you gave up something in the paddling of the boat for the other features. There are always trade offs for each and every kayak. Coming from a very narrow Perception Illusion that was an excellent paddling kayak, quick and easy to get going, the Malibus took some getting used to in the beginning. And I did do some over 10 mile paddles in the Malibu but I will tell you at the end of the day I was tired. Of all the many boats I have owned, they were easy to rig and again for a fishing platform, I personally thought they were great.

Oh, it depends on what you want on which one. I owned the Pro Explorer, the X-Factor and the eXtreme. Overall, if you can only have one, then I think I would prefer the X-Factor. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
some good rigging ideas (e.g., i like the way you rigged your fly rod with those bungies cords). thanks for the photos - will study them more closely later.

Reactions: erayyak

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I originally did that pad eye bungy set up for the fly rod on my first kayak which was a sit inside, a WS Pungo. I couldnt find anywhere to keep my fly rod (which I rarely use) and that kept it out of the way and from tangling my line when I was fighting a fish with a spinning rod. It holds it flush against the side. Works well on those boats that sit a little higher up and out of the water. It did get a little splash but never dunked as it was high enough from the water line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.