NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

have yet to find ANY time to head to the mountains this year and have an itch to fish.

In the past I've gone to the Ballantyne corp park ponds to get a quick fish in. It's good for me because there is plenty of room to throw a flyrod(my personal pref). Last year it didn't seem to fish as well.

Anyone had any luck there recently? I'll still probably hit it up for convenience, but it does get old if nothing's hitting at all.

Dont to worry I'm all catch and release so,your fish are safe.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have not tried these two places yet, but keeping it in the hood, Google Map SE corner of Providence Rd W & 512 or try Elon Park west of 521 on Ardrey Kell Road

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bonz,

I live about 10 minutes from the corp park, I used to go last year a lot, closest to home for a quiet, relaxing evening. I think in all the times I went I only caught 2 fish. I have seen some decent sized bass in a few of the ponds but never been able to entice them. The pond with the fountain along the interstate I always see some big fish swim from the shores as I walk around it. My guess is they are carp as I have never got a hit from them.

I have fished Elon Park with decent results, it gets fished a lot though so it can be tough at times. My sleeper is park road park, i have caught some decent sized bass in there. Biggest was probably around 3 pounds.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...yeah, that pond next to the interstate looks like it would be great. And I too saw some fish there, but I suspect they are carp too.
i was just doing a little research and saw that there are 4 or 5 official fishing ponds at the park. 2 of which are on/near the golf course across Johnston Rd. I'll have to check those out. I gave Elon a short fishing Saturday with no luck, but I had my 4yo and that's tough sometimes.

Park Rd huh? Been out there to look a few times but never fished it, will give it a shot...maybe now. Lol
id really like to fish the mall pond, but there are no fishing signs everywhere.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmm... i didn't know they had official ponds to fish from. I think I have done them all except for the ESPN pond which is posted no fishing, and the 2 on the golf course. Hope the wife gets home early tonight because I know what I want to do now. I have never had anyone say anything to me about being somewhere I wasn't supposed to be

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Chit, know this is an old post but I'm trying to get in some fishing in this area and can't figure out what road 512 is. I'm new to the area and would love to give it a shot. Could you give me another road name for the first pond you're suggesting here?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Chit, know this is an old post but I'm trying to get in some fishing in this area and can't figure out what road 512 is. I'm new to the area and would love to give it a shot. Could you give me another road name for the first pond you're suggesting here?
I commented on one of your other posts and said I know a few spots in the Charlotte area, and we might could trade some spots...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts