NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my second trip out to the South Core Banks. Last time I went was 2012. Up front, if you have not been out there you have to plan a trip. It is just a great place to be in October. We camped this year, which I would recommend vice the cabins, but either way you will have a good time. I am a complete novice of a surf fisherman, and took along a few who are even more inexperienced than me but we got a lot of good tips while we were out there and even ended up getting into some drum. Nothing to write home about but still the first fish I have ever hauled in from the surf and even when we were not catching anything out of the surf I still enjoy throwing the casting net. I love the atmosphere, driving on the beach, everyone is friendly, willing to give pointers, again just a great place to be. If you have never been out there and have any questions I would be happy to answer. Can't give you great fishing tips but can give you some basic info about the ferry etc.

-One question, I hear a lot about October being the best surf fishing month. Can I expect at least close to the same in April? A decent bite and plenty of mullet to catch for bait?

·
Registered
585 Posts
If im thinkin right the big drum go south(of nc) in fall and come up our coast in spring. Late September, october and early november are all good months for fall drum. I think it april and may that are good months for spring drum. Around hatteras is the place to be.the website pier and surf has some knowledgeable people thet can tell you alot about surf fishing. And i think most mullet go away in late fall and come back in spring(pretty sure the drum follow them).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.