NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the site..looking forward to using it. I was just seeking any tips for south creek drum.flounder. trout..I've had luck there...but very slow luck..I usually hit the docks..barge area creeks..best spot has been near the mouth across from crab shack..using sususpending mirrolures..any tips?..thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds like your doing the right thing for trout in there, ive had luck on lots of small puppy drum on smithwick rattilin rogues. Also pulled some flounder out of there with litl fishys and gulp baits.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Not here to hijack the thread but I would be interested in some tips to finding reds in nontidal areas. Basically it seems like I fish near the bank especially if it has some good structure to pull the lure past, or just blind cast around bait balls. Its rare to find decent size schools of reds on places such as south creek right? Mostly just a few here or there? At least I don't think you'll ever find a school of 500 reds in south creek.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
But for the flounder use a white soft plastic on quarter oz jighead. Also smear on some Pro Cure. This is what I would do. Fish near structure(directly down current of the structure is best.) Make sure the bait is bouncing on the bottom. You'll also have better luck if you wait another month for flounder in the river creeks. I would say best months for river/creek flounder are June through November.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts