NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report but i've been working at a new job and had to work Monday. (been busy to say the least) I did get a chance to hit the water some this past weekend May 24-25 on the South Fork of the New River…. We got out on the river early both days hoping to avoid the crowds but really that was never a problem, not too much river traffic at all. (we didn't encounter another boater both days) Lost the biggest SM bass iv'e had on all year, on literally the second cast of the weekend. It hit a blue-fox gold spinner in a fast moving run like six foot from my boat. (then it went crazy jumping all over the place and on the third jump the hooks popped out) Maybe pushing three pounds, it was a nice fish for sure. Anyway's we manage to boat a few good fish including trout, red-eyes, and smallies. Bass were in the larger/deeper fast moving runs and were caught on husky jerks and in-line spinners. The trout we caught were kinda all over the place and only hitting the spinners. Overall we have great weekend and were in awe about how beautiful the river was both mornings… Small mouth fishing is only getting better by the day!!;)

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,768 Posts
great pictures, sounds like a really fun trip. Thanks for sharing it with us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts