NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Not lot of reports come in from South Port esp. this time of year. I would think that it would not be that different that farther up. It may even turn on a little sooner.

From what I have read I would start in the creeks and move out if I didn't find anything, but that is just a guess.

Darrell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thinking about heading down to Southport over Easter. Anything biting inshore around that time typically? Or is everything still holding way back in the creeks?

Thanks!
I fish there often, a lot of good fishing that time of year, mostly from boats though, Caswell beach on the north end will of oak island produce reds from the beach, Caswell pier (baptist retreat) will be holding bulls and flounder by then also

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thinking about heading down to Southport over Easter. Anything biting inshore around that time typically? Or is everything still holding way back in the creeks?

Thanks!
I fish their quite a lot myself to and will also be there during Easter. If your fishing from a boat the red drum should be bitting in the creeks around Southport, behind OKI, but should not be way back in them. Fish slow, with soft plastics (gulp shrimp, salty bay bait, Zman Baits, etc) and use as light weight as you can get by with on your jig heads or weighted hook. You could also try some mud minnows they work well to and are easy to keep alive. Flounder will the there, but you will have quite a bit of throw backs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.