NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit SW Park today with Steve. Day dawned clear, and the bite was on early. Pop rs and cranks were the menu of the morning, and they did not disappoint. I got a nice five pounder on a pop r, and Steve had two threes on a sexy shad fat free shad fingerling model. I caught two nice ones on a similar bait as he was throwing, the ff guppy, then scored on a C rig speed craw with a fat two pounder.
The bite was sporadic, but good. Caught five on a hump, including my biggest, a seven pounder. All on c rigs.
We wound up with 16 fish total, several over two pounds.
Funny thing was, there is a certain hump I like to fish with a c rig, but two boats beat the snot out of it most of the morning. IMG_0356.jpg
Steve said there was no use to fish it, it'd had been beat to death. I got my way, and Steve says we may get a buck bass if we are lucky. My first cast was mashed by the seven pounder, and I proceeded to put three more around three in the boat and Steve finally got a four pounder on the zoom lizard. Mine came on speed craws in green pumpkin.
Very good day, no pic on the biggest because of human error:mad: but did get one of the other good one.
Total:
Crankbait 4
Pop r 2
T rig 2
C rig 8

C rig baits were Zoom speed craw in gp, and Zoom lizard in gp
T rig were black culprit worms
Cranks were ff shad guppy and fingerling, sexy shad color
Pop r was perch pattern

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I saw the angry face icon next to your post and thought you had a bad day when I clicked on the link. Camera issues or not that should have been a smiley face for sure! I wanted to get out yesterday and take my Dad fishing but it didn't work out. Great job on the big fish.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. Yeah, Steve thought he got the pic, so I dropped her back. Looked and no pic..He evidently hit something wrong, but yeah, you're right..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts