NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone go outside and watch the space station as it came out of the southwest sky and disappeared into the north east. It was a super bright white object and it was moving fast. I could hardly keep the binoculars on it. If you ever hear the weatherman forecast a viewing you should take the time to watch it. Truly a sight to see.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We drove down to an open field and it was cloudy but open sky directly up above. I had never seen it so I didn't know what to expect. My wife said unlike a bright star it would be moving and would be very noticeable. Just as predicted at 9:24 it flew out behind the lower cloud cover at the pace of a lower flying aircraft. I had a good pr of binoculars and it appeared to be an extremely bright white light and very large when overhead, I mean pure white and it shined like a boat coming down the ICW with high voltage florescent flounder lights out of the water. As far as details I guess a telescope would be needed for that and it would be extremely hard to keep it in focus because of it moving so fast. The whole thing didn't last 5 minutes but it was cool to watch.

Looking at the web site it says it was 85 degrees last night so I'm guessing that means it was directly above us making it appear very close and easy to see, whereas if it were 34 degrees it would be lower in the sky and not appearing as close. So Friday night was an excellent time to view it but you can still see it for several more days but just not as good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.