NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran to the Chesapeake Light Tower on my jet ski mid morning yesterday, looking down I could see hundreds of Spade Fish so I could not resist the urge to get in the 63 degree water to spear a couple. Felt good to be in the water! Saw a lot of Spades, a couple Sheepshead and some really big Tautog that are not in season.
I also ran around a lot looking to see if there were any Cobia cruising around.
Have a great and safe Memorial weekend. Thanks to all who have fallen enabling us to enjoy our freedoms!

· Registered
770 Posts
Water temp still has to come up a little here for me to get in. Of course I don't have a suit. But that is something I love to do is spear fish!!

Summer time with a westish wind in the 5-10 range puts me on CALO jetty. You'd think you were in the Bahamas with the crystal clear waters and abundance of fish on them rocks.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
What do spades eat? Seen a few big one working the pylons at the pier and they didn't seem interested in sand fleas or bandits. Maybe they just weren't hungry.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
[Use puff ball jellfish=riverpirate;464115]What do spades eat? Seen a few big one working the pylons at the pier and they didn't seem interested in sand fleas or bandits. Maybe they just weren't hungry.[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.