NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran to the Chesapeake Light Tower on my jet ski mid morning yesterday, looking down I could see hundreds of Spade Fish so I could not resist the urge to get in the 63 degree water to spear a couple. Felt good to be in the water! Saw a lot of Spades, a couple Sheepshead and some really big Tautog that are not in season.
I also ran around a lot looking to see if there were any Cobia cruising around.
Have a great and safe Memorial weekend. Thanks to all who have fallen enabling us to enjoy our freedoms!

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures and for the well wishes for the holiday weekend, and for reminding us all of the fallen who lost their lives protecting our freedom.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Water temp still has to come up a little here for me to get in. Of course I don't have a suit. But that is something I love to do is spear fish!!

Summer time with a westish wind in the 5-10 range puts me on CALO jetty. You'd think you were in the Bahamas with the crystal clear waters and abundance of fish on them rocks.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What do spades eat? Seen a few big one working the pylons at the pier and they didn't seem interested in sand fleas or bandits. Maybe they just weren't hungry.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We catch them on puff ball jelly fish.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I miss spearfishing....like under water bow hunting....I lived on Guam and used to spearfish all the time.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[Use puff ball jellfish=riverpirate;464115]What do spades eat? Seen a few big one working the pylons at the pier and they didn't seem interested in sand fleas or bandits. Maybe they just weren't hungry.[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
One of my first memorable experiences fishing the salt was at Snows cut catching nice spades from the pilings on shrimp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts