NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago when I lived in NC we fished from the piers for Spanish using jerk jiggers(Gotchas). We also used another similar lure and if my memory serves me correct the body was made of wood and had a lead head. The head was sloped on both sides at about a 45 degree angle. Does anyone remember the name of this plug and if so do they still make it?

Also what are the lures of choice for Spanish along the NC coast now.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Lures of choice for Spanish right now you have to be yo-zuri deep divers, and just your standard clark spoon. Live bait it hot right now off the artificial reefs.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I believe the lure you are refering to is the Porter Seahawk. Then came hilderbrandt's jerk jigger with a plastic body and then the got'cha. The Seahawks were popular for tarpon in FL. They have been out of production since sometime in the 70's. A nice one will usually fetch a pretty good price with collectors; especially in south FL. I would think twice about using one to fish with nowdays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.