NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a mount for my spare yesterday because I got tired of having to grab it when I took the boat out and I didn't want to take up floor space in the boat with it if I were to just leave it in the boat.
I thought about copying the type you can buy that mounts it to the side of the tongue of the trailer but UV shortens the life of a spare tire enough to keep me from doing that.
I figure that if I'm dealing with changing a tire then the extra minute to spin off the three bolts holding the tire on the mount won't bother me because it's not like you get a flat every time you go out. If I need to use it and it turns out to be too much of a hassle then I'll replace the bolts on the hold down plate with pins and quick clips.

Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Asphalt

Bicycle tire Bumper Motor vehicle Bicycle frame Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Nice work there! Just make sure you keep the wheel clean and free from salt or standing water. Although the wheel is Galvanized, standing water will find a way to start the rust on it.
Really nice work and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. This is a freshwater only boat so salt won't be a problem. I think the water from launching the boat will evaporate pretty fast but I'll check it after a day or two to make sure it isn't still holding water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.