NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any speckled trout fishing areas around Wrightville Beach to Fort Fisher accessable from shore. I usually like to drive to Topsail beach but with the price of gas and lack of money:( my travels will be limited this winter.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Go past Ft Fisher and go to the boat ramp at the end. Grab a rod or two and walk down the rock jetty, plenty of good fishing casting as you go down.

Ease down slowly and cast 1 rod with a jig, fish a complete 180 degrees, then grab the other rod with maybe a mirrorlure and do the same. Walk up a 100 feet or so and do it all over again. Walk as far as you like and turn around, change lures and do it back to the parking lot.

Just a little note, if it is raining or the tide up high the rocks will be real, real, snot like slippery. Yes I know for a fact, been there, done that and had the cuts, scrapes and bruises to prove it. :)

Tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.