NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPOTTED SEATROUT RECREATIONAL

Dr. Louis B. Daniel III, Director, Division of Marine Fisheries, hereby announces that effective 12:01 A.M., Sunday, June 15, 2014, the following will apply to spotted seatrout in the recreational fishery:
I. MINIMUM SIZE LIMIT
It is unlawful to possess spotted seatrout (speckled trout) less than 14 inches total length.
II. RECREATIONAL BAG LIMIT
It is unlawful to possess more than four (4) spotted seatrout per person per day by hook and line or for recreational purposes.
III. GENERAL INFORMATION:
A. This proclamation is issued under the authority of N.C.G. S. 113-170.4; 113-170.5; 113-182; 113-221.1; 143B-289.52 and N.C. Fisheries Rules 15A NCAC 03H .0103and 03M .0512.
B. It is unlawful to violate the provisions of any proclamation issued by the Fisheries Director under his delegated authority pursuant to N.C. Marine Fisheries Rule 15A NCAC 03H .0103.

C.This action was taken to reopen the spotted seatrout recreational fishery as outlined in the N.C. Spotted Seatrout Fishery Management Plan Supplement A, following a closure implemented due to a cold stun event in February 2014.
D. Recreational size and creel limits for spotted seatrout, flounder, red drum and gray trout taken in Inland FishingWaters are the same as the recreational limits for those species in adjacent Joint and Coastal FishingWaters.
E.This proclamation supersedes Proclamation FF-9- 2014, dated February 3, 2014. It allows recreational harvest of spotted seatrout.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Yes sir, speckled trout chasers will be out in full force. Be careful out there and watch out for other boaters. Wear a PDF if under the main motor and follow the rules of the water.

Heading to Dawson Creek Sunday the 15th thru Wednesday the 18th or so. Have a few "speckled spots" to check out.:eek:

BE SAFE

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Yes sir, speckled trout chasers will be out in full force. Be careful out there and watch out for other boaters. Wear a PDF if under the main motor and follow the rules of the water.
Heading to Dawson Creek Sunday the 15th thru Wednesday the 18th or so. Have a few "speckled spots" to check out.:eek:

BE SAFE

What does, "under the main motor mean"?

I'm glad this is opening back up. I have no idea where to find keeper size Trout now that the water is nearing quadruple digits.
Thanks for the news.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Wasn't the limit 6 prior to the closing? Not that I can catch even 4 keeper sized trout, but just asking.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Yep when you are under the main gas motor flying about on the water. Things happen on the water and best to be prepared. You will notice that when bass pros or regular bass guys crank the outboard they but on a PDF, when they stop and drop the trolling motor they normally remove the PDF to fish. Unless they are wearing a MUSTANG type vest. One that automatically deploy when you fall into the water.

The life you save may be your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts