NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the creek for a couple of hours this afternoon and played in the cool 20-25 mph wind and was rewarded for my effort. I was only able to fish for 2.5 hours but I finished with 15 trout and had 5-6 that pulled off. They ranged from 16-24 inches and ate white 17mr's and Yo Zuri 3ds minnows in white as well. Don't let the cold, wind, and/or rain keep you on the couch. Vertebrate Water Fisherman Fish Sky
Sky Fisherman Fish Fin Fishing
Sky Glove Gesture Military camouflage Fish
Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish Metal Animal product

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Light rain doesn't bother me but I don't like muddy water from too much previous rain!
I don't know because I wasn't here but was told that we've had a lot of rain the last week. The water is MUCH cleaner now than it was on the week before Christmas. Sometimes, rain is a good thing.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The last two days I haven't had to work it quite that slow, but the water temps have been mid to upper 50's. Probably more in the 1.5-2 minute range. Monday afternoon I actually saw a little topwater action but no hookups. I have a feeling that if I am able to slip out this afternoon it is going to require me to slow back down considering another night of north winds and colder air temps.

Trout fever is bad. If you ever get it, it's hard to get rid of. The only cure seems to come from that thump they put on a hard bait.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Trout fever is bad. If you ever get it, it's hard to get rid of.
Can you get rid of it???????(not that I'd want to)
Turned a crappie fishing buddy on to it this year and now I can't hardly get him to go crappie fishing for making trips down to the Crystal Coast.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you get rid of it???????(not that I'd want to)
Turned a crappie fishing buddy on to it this year and now I can't hardly get him to go crappie fishing for making trips down to the Crystal Coast.
Don't have to quit crappie fishing due to trout fever. In fact, crappie are often a by catch of trout fishing. Here's on that was just shy of 2 pounds Rectangle Oncorhynchus Trout Salmon-like fish Fish

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Guess we need to relocate ........ just can't figger how to drag our favorite 10 acres 200 miles southeast.........

Might have to try some MR14s around here for crappie?????????

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Crappie is some fine eating, that's for sure! There is a drawback though. Couple weeks ago I cleaned about 30 10" + crappie. Took almost an hour and I got 4lbs of fillets ....... couple months ago I was cleaning trout for about 15 minutes and getting 4lbs of fillets or more.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So are you still fishing them deep in the creeks? I really want my brother to catch one he lives in Jacksonville minutes from the new river. But not sure how deep into the creeks to go. And it seems previously I've been fishing them on the banks not the deeper water in the center of the creeks. From pictures I see no ones really fishing the banks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.