NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See NCStateFishers topwater fishfest report for the details however what a great day of fishing for the first day of my retirement. Nice quantity of fish but also nice quality of fish!!! In wouldn't mind a few more days like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congratulations on your retirement. But you'll find that even fishing gets old after a while. Find a part-time job to keep an extra couple of bucks in the pocket. Or stay busy by finding a rewarding hobby besides fishing. When I retired from the USMC almost 19 years ago, I got involved in Scroll-sawing and now make clocks to keep busy and put extra money in the wallet for those middle of the week fishing trips when you're the only one on the water!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on your retirement. But you'll find that even fishing gets old after a while. Find a part-time job to keep an extra couple of bucks in the pocket. Or stay busy by finding a rewarding hobby besides fishing. When I retired from the USMC almost 19 years ago, I got involved in Scroll-sawing and now make clocks to keep busy and put extra money in the wallet for those middle of the week fishing trips when you're the only one on the water!
I am not worried I also golf three days a week, have plenty of yard work and little projects around the house like fixing stuff. I worked part time last three years 16 hours a week work kept getting in the way. I have been working since I was 8 time to chill

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice way to start and a very good place to do it!!

Darrell
Yeah man I would die to have a place like that to fish every day. I win the big lotto and I build me a nice big ole pond like that one. Hope we can hook up,whe. Your out this way sometime

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Great way to start retirement...:) I have at least one more year before the big 62, just marching time waiting....:)

·
Registered
969 Posts
I am not worried I also golf three days a week, have plenty of yard work and little projects around the house like fixing stuff. I worked part time last three years 16 hours a week work kept getting in the way. I have been working since I was 8 time to chill
You've earned a license to chill. Congrats!

·
Registered
391 Posts
awesome start to retirement... my dad is the same way... go out fishing... tell me what he caught (to rub it in) and then we laugh together about the ones that got away... happy for you... tight lines!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts