NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a tackle shop going in my backyard shop, i would like to know what size spinnerbaits and buzzbaits & jigs, do you like to throw (weights, what type blades do you like, what color blades, what size blades, what color skirts do you like) thanks in advanced for your help. Chris

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
1/4, 3/8, 1/2 ounces in weight, silver colorado, round or willow leaf blades, I like mostly single spins this time of year for more thump in the water. Later in the year turn to double blades in various patterns.

Normally I like the charteuse/white skirts on spinner baits or white/blue, on buzz baits the same color patterns.

Some places it the Buzz Jewel and others its the original buzz bait. Regardless you have to have some type of buzz bait to topwater with, man are they some fish catchers.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like 1/4 - 3/8 size spinnerbaits and buzzbaits...

Buzzbaits I like white, chart/white or just chartreuse mostly like Boo-Yah buzzbaits. I also have a few that have like a smooth spinnerbait style blade for the head instead of a lead head and I really like those.

Spinnerbaits I like chart/white pref, but I do have all white, all chart, and chart/blue. Mostly like single colorado or double colorado. Also in some of the rivers, I will use blue/white which are really hard to find.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I like them at least 3/8oz to get longer casts. Sometimes with a full skirt and bigger blades they can catch a lot of air on the cast so a little extra weight helps, especially with heavier bass casting tackle.

I've got one I really like that's got a 3/8 head on a 1/8oz size frame. Fires like a rocket and makes a good way to use heavier rod/reel combo with a smaller profile bait.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Buzz and spinnerbaits are so versatile you will want sizes that range from the Strike King 1/8oz up to the BooYah 3/8oz lures. Color Combinations wont matter as much as certain combinations are hard to find but Chartruese, White, an Black are all good colors,mainly because of contrast in different types of water. If you cannot find color combinations you want you can always have extra skirts so baits can be modified. Blades- Always use nickle over gold, these provide alot more flash as they spin. Just my 2 cents from a buzzbait fanatic!

·
Registered
87 Posts
1/8 oz. and 1/2 oz. big or small - I keep it simple. I really like double willow blades and will go with either silver or gold depending on water color etc. although I will tie on a big single round blade for some vibration if the water is real muddy. From the looks of the previous post, it seems like variety is the order. Good luck with your store!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.