NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am Gregg Williamson. I live in Greensboro and yes I too have a fishing obsession. I grew up fishing on the "Jersey Shore" for bluefish, stripers, and flounder. I moved to North Carolina 19 years ago and have enjoyed learning to fish the lakes and rivers of North Carolina - I especially enjoying fly fishing for trout, smallmouth bass, and am hooked on the Spring shad and striper runs in the Roanoke River. Spin or fly fishing, it doesn't matter to me. I am looking forward to seeing this web site grow and hope it becomes a resource for many North Carolina fishermen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Greg,

My name is Larry McGinnis and I live in Vienna, WV. Do as much fishing as my wife will allow. Most times I persue the wiley trout in our mountain streams but I also like fishing some of the same streams for smallmouth too. I spend some time fishing farm ponds for largemouth and brim, or bluegill also.

My other love is hunting and I really enjoy Spring Gobbler hunting.

More on that later.

Email me back. Would like hearing from a fellow trout hunter. You've got some great trout waters in your state too.

Later,
Larry McGinnis

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi guys! Welcome to the site. I'm glad to see trout hunters taking part in the NCangler.com community. I've lined up my first ever fly-fishing trip this May and I am really looking forward to it. If there is anything I can add to the site that you'd like to see please let me know. Thanks for participating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Larry,

I really got the trout bug two years ago - I have been fishing my whole life and trout have added a whole new challenge. I have fished in WV a couple of times...fished for trout in Cranberry Creek with a guide two summers ago and I have also fished the Greenbrier River for smallmouth. I have done a good number of smallnouth trips on the New River is NC/VA and the James River near Natural Bridge, VA.

Most of my trout fishing is in the Smith River in Bassett, VA - the tail waters of Phillpot Dam. It's less than 1 hour drive for me. The native brown trout are tough to fool and there are also stocked rainbows which have saved some days for me.

Where do you do most of your smallmouth and trout fishing? I am going to be in White Sulphur Springs in June and would welcome any advice on nearby streams and rivers.

Gregg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts