NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I admit it.. I am not much of an inshore fisherman. However, I want to take my kids spot fishing this year.

So with that out of the way, can anyone let me know of some good places to go around Southport that will provide a good opportunity to catch a bunch of fish?

Also, about when do they start to run?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Dang,, cant help ya on Southport...
if around Wrightsville, anywhere along the seawalls and channels there around Money Point area is a good spot for spots. Lot's of bait moves thru there on the tides in the a.m. that's when the bite I've noticed has seem'd best.

Sorry cant help ya though Squid for down the canal way... Hopefully someone will jump in here on it for ya ;)

Oh,, good job Dad on takin the kids fishin!! that's some of the best times I think... Catch'm up!!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Rich,
There was a strong run of spots last week on Topsail and a somewhat similar run at EIP. That ended on Monday, however I was at SeaView today and with the upcoming NE wind tonight and this weekend they are expecting a big run to start in the next 36 hours. Kind of wonder about as far south as Southport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.