NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buckhorn Catch 7-21-12

I caught this fish Saturday 7-21-12 at Buckhorn Reservoir in Wilson. The cheap analog scales I had on the boat said about 7.5 pounds. I took him to weigh him on an accurate digital scale and he weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Largemouth .......no spots in that watershed...........

spots in the cape fear basin but that should be only basin in the east with them.....

Reactions: gambusia

·
Registered
704 Posts
cause he can........cause they taste good......cause they go good with cole slaw...........
Do ones that big taste good? I haven't kept a biggun in years, and when I did thirty some years back, I let them stay out of the water too long before getting them cleaned, so they were pretty much awful, due to my poor job of keeping them fresh. 'Course, I don't catch too many big ones anyway, so I guess it's all theoretical with me. I would only keep a big one if it was clear that it would not survive, but don't fault those who do. I do think it a better conservation practice to release the big ones when one can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.