NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It being tax season I haven't had many chances to wet a line this season. This past Saturday after working all day, I went home and decided to try a little fishing before dark. Pulled the old rod from the rack, blew the dust off and walked out to the secret honey hole.
1st cast I hooked up with this little baby. Didn't have a net, but managed to land it anyways. Measured it, photographed it and released in a matter of minutes. Made 4-5 more casts and lost my dadgum lure...
It's going to be a good spring *-)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
fabtastic way to start the season! Gotta love a Roadrunner bait !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it's a hyperstriper bait that I modified. I cut all the hair off & put a green curly tail grub on it after wearing the orig plastic out. That spinner blade attached to the jighead is the ticket!!
Unfortunately, I got hung & lost the bait right after catching this fish....
Such is life :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Speaking of Spring Stripers!!!!..... I have heard reports of the Shad being up as far as Rocky Mt. which tells me.. I should be seeing Striped Bass up as far as Kinston, Greenville areas! Has anyone stumbled onto any yet? I think I am going out later in the week to try out a few areas I think they could be Holed Up. Any reports on the Subject im sure would be appreciated by all us Bass Lovers.

OBXPirate- Great catch for a few minutes out!! I am sure a little more time out there with your lure would have yielded a few keeping size. Which by the way, dont anyone forget they added a half inch to the size limit. I have to check to see if that applies to all waters.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Handy, if you're shorebound they are catching them from the bridge here in Washington. I also would set cut bait or big shiners on carolina rigs at Seine Beach in Grimesland..cast toward the bridge or get up on the other end near the bend.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ranger told me last weekend that they were spotty from Williamston towards 258 bridge and on up towards RRapids. However, a friend of mine went out earlier this week to Plymouth and caught some, so I know there on the way up here. Just need a break in the weather pattern. Good Luck to ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.