NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw this out.
Went to the dreaded Gander Mountain in Greensboro on a tackle monkey mission,, then got side tracked in the foul weather gear section.

I've always wanted some light rain gear, and thought about Frogg Toggs since they're lighter and pretty much do the same thing as Gortex. Gortex over time can eventually let water in or even water log a bit.. still keeps you dry and warm.. but during the summer can be a bit too much. So to get away from my 3 gortex suits I wanted a different option.

Looking at Frogg Toggs, I saw they have Dri-Duck rain gear by Frogg Togg's. $14 for hooded top and bottom full length pants! At first I thought it was $14 each for the top and $14 for the bottoms, but it was for the complete suit! So I ended up picking up a set (as well as Marty did too).

I tried them out the other night during the rain and heavy winds we got and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed!

Though they dont have pockets and are a basic rain gear, they store easy, they're very very light weight and you can fit the complete suit just about anywhere...

So if someone's looking for light weight rain gear that's windproof and dont want to spend alot, these things work in a pinch! and for a family of 4-5, you can have a full set of rain gear for everyone cheaper than the cost of a gortex or similar type set up.

here's a link.. though I got mine at Gander Mount.. there's many places you can find these and the price is pretty much the same everywhere. Thought I'd pass this along

Cabela's -- Frogg Toggs® Dri Ducks

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Was khaki the only color they had at gander mountain also? I'm always needing light rain clothing for practice and the occasional game that we get poured on in. It's good for fishing also. But the excuse about practice and games make the purchase easier to explain when I bring home yet another gear. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.