NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys used Spro hard baits? I've been looking at the new bbz-1 baby shad on tacklewarehouse.com. They are 2.5" long, triple jointed. I was also looking at the little john crankbait. They seem to be good lures, just a little pricey. Anybody used em?

·
Registered
212 Posts
They look absolutely fantastic, my only concern is if I got it stuck... and I would within the first 30 minutes, I know I'd dive right in to retreave it.

There were some custom lures that Neilslure mentioned in a post not long ago that are probably the most beautiful baits I've ever seen.

CLU - CLU 2010

About how much do their crankbaits cost? They looks so good, if I bought them, I might go ahead and store some flippers, goggles and a snorkle on board just in case. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've been using Spro baits for the past 5 or 6 years, starting with their Bronzeye frog way back in the day when it first came out (best frog on the market i might add). I've been using the Little John and Little John MD for a couple years and love both of them. Haven't tried the Big Un yet, that huge deep diver Little John as I already have enough DT16's and DD22's. That little squarebill computer chip lip on the Little John works great, haven't had any chipping or breaking at all, and I grind em into the bottom too. As far as their swimbaits go, I love the little guy. That 4 inch sized on, with the 1 hook in the belly, just doesn't do it for me like the Tru Tungsten 4 inch swimmer does. I miss/lose a lot of fish that hit that bait due to that fact. The little guy works great though, it really looks like those little "no see um" bait fish that skim along the surface while bass are schooling. I've caught white perch, largemouth, spots, and little stripers on it already, haven't had any durability issues at all. It IS a little light, so spinning tackle is probably going to be easier to use than casting. Hope this helps, I LOVE Spro's products. But thats just me.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
They look absolutely fantastic, my only concern is if I got it stuck... and I would within the first 30 minutes, I know I'd dive right in to retreave it.

There were some custom lures that Neilslure mentioned in a post not long ago that are probably the most beautiful baits I've ever seen.
A quality lure retriever and knowing how to use it will save big bucks. Most of my crankbaits break or wear out before they get lost. Last year I fished about 120 days, probably only broke off 5 or 6 crankbaits...and I throw them alot. Depending on how deep you are fishing, alot of baits can be gotten back by simply giving it some slack and a few good pops of the rod or bumping the bait with your rod tip. Probably half the time, the hooks arent caught, the bait is just wedged in between rocks, roots or limbs.

CLU does some great stuff. I have known Kelly a long time and thrown alot of his baits, everything is top notch. I have a topwater plug that he did that probably caught over 200 bass, white bass and toothy critters and the finish was still nearly perfect, cant say that for some Pop-Rs and spooks I have thrown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.