NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was leaving the house as I realized I didn't have any green on and grabbed a shinny strand of green Mardis Gras beads...almost blew the outing right there!

Got to the ramp and it was already blowing a bit from the SW and it reminded me of a great Spec day from 2014 so that became the planned first stop. Arrived to find I had the place all to myself as I made my first cast, a "greenish" 17 MR. Nothin. Switched gears to a DOA Silver Mullet (sticking with the green here) on a 3/32 keel weighted swimbait hook. Nothin. Pulling into the A spot, I saw surface activity a hundred or so yards up the creek and abandoned the green and went for a white Zman curlytailz with pro cure shrimp slathered on the head to give it that red/white look, but still had the keel weighted fall.

Tap, Tap swing! Head shakes! Run! Flounder? So I was back in the "green". B'gosh n B'gorin laddies, was not expecting a Flatty but it's a welcome sign that Spring is here. At 11am, recorded 60 degree water temp on the falling tide about two feet down over a black mud bottom. First time this year I've found 60 temps. Also saw clouds, massive amounts, of fry in the creeks about an inch long. Don't have a clue what they were....anybody out there have an idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Was leaving the house as I realized I didn't have any green on and grabbed a shinny strand of green Mardis Gras beads...almost blew the outing right there!

Got to the ramp and it was already blowing a bit from the SW and it reminded me of a great Spec day from 2014 so that became the planned first stop. Arrived to find I had the place all to myself as I made my first cast, a "greenish" 17 MR. Nothin. Switched gears to a DOA Silver Mullet (sticking with the green here) on a 3/32 keel weighted swimbait hook. Nothin. Pulling into the A spot, I saw surface activity a hundred or so yards up the creek and abandoned the green and went for a white Zman curlytailz with pro cure shrimp slathered on the head to give it that red/white look, but still had the keel weighted fall.

Tap, Tap swing! Head shakes! Run! Flounder? So I was back in the "green". B'gosh n B'gorin laddies, was not expecting a Flatty but it's a welcome sign that Spring is here. At 11am, recorded 60 degree water temp on the falling tide about two feet down over a black mud bottom. First time this year I've found 60 temps. Also saw clouds, massive amounts, of fry in the creeks about an inch long. Don't have a clue what they were....anybody out there have an idea?
I saw the same thing off my dock threw a minnow trap baited with hot dog caught a bunch of 1-2" brim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.