NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to see if the white bass were running yet, so headed over to Durham to check it out. Water is shooting through the dam gate, all the foot paths were underwater, and the stream/river is full. Plenty of water above the dam as well, just can't get to it since the woods are flooded.

Anyway, made my way over to the middle of the dam to see what I could see. Tried all sorts of lures, jigs, twisters, inline spinners, Silver Buddy, small rattle traps, small storms. Anyway, I could not buy a bite. Got a couple of solid hits, and about snagged a couple for fish (brought back scales on the hooks), but nothing came to shore for me.

The rest of the people there were tearing up the carp and cats, and every so often someone would bring in a white bass. Some of the bass were very nice sized. Looked like the cats and carp were coming on worms and one guy was throwing a cast net for minnows or shad for bait and doing well on the cats. I did not see any bowfin, but did have something steal one of my rattletraps right at the dam, and something else cut off another lure maybe ten feet from shore, so I guess they might still be out there.

Oh well, at least I got to see someone catching fish.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks fishy. Will do. it is too close for me not to give it a try...:). I might have to run the jon boat up in there just to make me feel like I am back in Sparkleberry swamp on a spring flood for shellcracker:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
You might be able to get a canoe or yak in the creek ,the woods around the creek are peaceful,have seen alot of deer and turkey in that area.All the land from Jordan all the way out to I-40 are gamelands.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Took my son out to Stagecoach this afternoon, our first trip out there. We caught one cat and one WB, neither of any great size. One guy was catching a bunch of carp, in the creek north side of the dam. Nobody else was doing any good.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This wouldn't have been you guys, would it? Was there about 1:30 today. Water way down from the torrent it was Sunday.

A few pictures for those that have never been there.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.